Monday, February 9, 2009

WHISPERS IN THE WIND


whispers of the wind...
in the dark starry night
my lover beckons me
with lips that dripped desire
I close my eyes to beholda portrait of love, like a dream so real
lost listlessly in the ambience of your embrace
why wait forever?
why die with the thought that i would neverhold you in my arms
the fortune-tellers say we re not to be
my heart says otherwise
could there be a better soothsayer than this love I feel

in whose arms my heart was nestled
this love that enchanted my heart
this love that intoxicated my senses
now i am like a blind man
wandering by the sea
a heavy wind is blowing my way
does it portend well
or does it gust with gloom
The trees bows ominously welcoming it arrival
The leaves shudder with apprehension
The moon stares; an unwilling audience
Tell me what you bring from my beloved?

Echoes of a love once lost
The rhythm in my broken heart
Just like this angry sea
All tales of our love gone sour
Or so it seems
my heart gently whispers in the madding turmoil
even the raging seas must calm
my precious love once gone can be found
And lost rhythms regained
Time mends the most broken places
Therefore I will wait

By Ayo Akinwale and Toyin Odewunmi

No comments:

Post a Comment