Sunday, February 8, 2009

BROKEN WINGS

BROKEN WINGS
I want to fly
Soar to the highest heavens
Touch the limits of the horizons
Mingle with the pristine beauty of the skies
Dine with the creature of the heights

But my wings are broken
Unyielding to my heart’s cry
Unmoved by my desperation
Impassive to my inner needs
Content in its inactivity

With a heavy heart I watch my dreams from afar off
With anguish I see others chart new heights
Enjoying the trill only the skies can bring
Away from the rot of the mire and the secured even of the earth
Allowing their minds to push them to new horizons; fulfilling purpose

I squirm; all to no avail
I cry; all to no avail
I wail; all to no avail
I fight; all to no avail
Just more pain

From my heart I say a quiet prayer; yet desperate
I stretch my wings to him in faith
The potter hears my cry
He heeds to my call
He reaches to me, lifting me into his healing hands

He mends my broken places
He heals my wounded spirits
Soothing my every ache
He girds me with strength
And helping me up

Beauty for ashes
The oil of joy for mourning
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness
That I might be called planting
A work of his delight

As I gracefully stretch my wings
I feel his strength propel me to higher heights
To the place I belong
With an overwhelming joy and a certain peace
I venture into the soaring climes of the highest heavens



Babatunde Ayorinde Akinwale

No comments:

Post a Comment