Saturday, August 27, 2011

THE GRIPS OF GRACE


THE GRIPS OF GRACE


In the grips of grace; I now find my self
Lost in the vanity of my own pursuits
Living life; a balancing act on the fulcrum of my own strengths
Bubbling in the bliss of life’s ultimate pleasures
Filled with the lustful ridden pie of self deception
A little here, a little there
A damned dance with rhythms I warmly embraced

Till the walls came crumbling;
And I tumbling down
Walls I never knew existed
Pushed Into a cesspool of misery
I fell under the weight of my own strong feet
I shouted at the noisy silence
Held my breath; closed my eyes
I struggled with futile shadows
Till I could do no more
Then I surrendered;
To suffering, defeat; my failing; my fears; my weakness! NO

To HIM
He has been there; silently waiting and prodding
To warm his way in;
I remember him once; some time ago
We were once friends
But I turned my back on him
Yet still; He gathered me into his grip
The grip of grace; lovingly and unreservedly,
Undeservedly beyond my faults and failing
Into the grips of his grace



AYORINDE AKINWALE
1/08/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment